|News 060925 EN: "Preview: New Features"
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||holger [ Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:31 am ]|
|Post subject:||News 060925 EN: "Preview: New Features"|
the past weeks we have kept very busy, fixing a lot of bugs and implementing a lot of new functionality and features into the badger. The progress is sometimes hard to see from the outside, so here is a list of new stuff we added since the release of BADGER finance beta 2:
* New transactions: transferal transactions. Now you can transfer money from one account to another, recurring or once.
* Recurring transactions can now be edited in a lotus notes (tm) like fashion: select a transaction, edit it and chose if the changes apply to this transaction only, this and following, this and previous or all transactions of this kind.
* Performance improvement: Enikao and Sepp sat together to tune the data-grid performance by rewriting big parts of the backend sql to xml functions and classes. The result is a performance improvement by factor 5. (a query that used to take 13 seconds now only takes 2.5 seconds.
* Grid-filters: With the help of grid filtes, you can now filter what you want to see (or what you don't want to see). An example would be: "show me all transactions but skip those older than yesterday.
* The column "sum" has been re-written. While it showed a real sum of the rows before, it is now a "current balance" that shows the account balance at the corresponding date.
* The statistics and forecast modules have been streamlined from a front-end usability point of view.
* The badger now remembers, which csv parser was last used for each account individually.
* The vsc parser engine has been rewritten. As a result you only need to drop a new parser in the right directory on the server to make it available. Also, new parsers for new banks were added.
* A test script has been implemented to check the server requirements.
* Today's date is highlighted in the grid for ease of use.
* The grid shows in bold where the accout balance falls below the account's lower limit
One thing I would like to point out: We have started receiving contributions from community members outside of the core team. That's awesome, very much appreciated and exactly where we want to see BADGER going. Thank you.
At the moment, everyone on the core team is stuck with their final diploma examination. Afterwards, a lot of us are moving around, starting new jobs and so on. So the next weeks might be somewhat bumby. Bear with us, we are still easy to be reached via forum or mail.
In conclusion: Look forward to the feature packed beta 3 release!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group